With over 20 years’ experience in architectural practice, we offer a broad range of professional property consulting and architectural services tailor made to suit your particular project and budget requirements.
We provide full architectural services from inception to completion, guiding you through the entire design and construction process.
Our standard, full architectural services are based on the following key work stages of a project, as set out by The South African Council for the Architectural Profession:
- Stage 1: Inception – Appraisal and Definition of the Project
- Stage 2: Concept & Viability – Concept Sketch Design
- Stage 3: Design Development – Detail Sketch Design
- Stage 4.1: Documentation for Local Authority – Council Drawings
- Stage 4.2: Construction Documentation & Calling for Tenders – Working Drawings & Specifications for Tender, Calling for Tenders & Appointing the Contractor
- Stage 5: Construction & Contract Administration – Administering the Contract and Monitoring Progress during Construction including Site Inspections
- Stage 6: Close Out – Monitoring Snag Completion and Assisting with the Final Account
We can also provide limited or partial stage services that will cost effectively add real value to your project.
We believe everyone deserves good design. For home owners who feel able and prepared to work directly with their contractors, suppliers and specialists, we can offer unique design and advice services to enable you to run your own project with assistance from us as required.
Our fees are typically charged as a percentage of the final construction cost (or QS estimate where this is not available). Where our services are limited and the scope of work is clearly defined (e.g. up to Stage 4.1 LA Submission) we can work for a fixed lump sum fee. We also undertake work on an hourly rate basis where suitable.